Do you have a child or young person with additional needs or disability?
Your child or young person doesn’t need a diagnosis for you to seek Pinpoint’s help or attend one of our sessions. They may be on a waiting list, accessing services, had a referral turned down, or just be struggling.
Who are Pinpoint?
- We are your local Parent Carer Forum and hub for information, signposting and events for all things SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
- We offer free signposting, information, professionally supported workshops and events.
- We work across Cambridgeshire linking parents and carers to the right professionals.
- We work to make sure you get the services you need in a way that works for you by feeding back to those who are responsible for them.
Pinpoint’s Vision is for all children and young people in Cambridgeshire to be valued and thrive, whatever their needs.
Pinpoint works with parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs, Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities, to celebrate their differences and empower their families.
We are committed to working alongside families and services to represent parent/carers in co-producing service improvements so that children and young people have the support they need.
• Children, young people and families with additional needs are at the heart of what we do.
• We listen, and value the expertise of parents/carers, standing in their shoes.
• We expect high aspirations to be norm for children and young people with additional needs.
• We take a positive ‘can-do’ approach to problems.
• We focus on people’s abilities: what they can do, not their disabilities and what they can’t do.
• We treat everyone with respect, we value difference and are not judgemental.
How can we help you?
We offer practical sessions with visiting speakers and specialists. We can support you to better help your child or young person with high quality information, practical ideas, tips and techniques.
We specialise in signposting to relevant organisations.
We hold virtual coffee mornings called ‘Tii Hubs’ where you will always find a friendly face to chat to and can meet with other parents and carers in similar situations.
Where can you find us?
All of our sessions and events are currently being held virtually online.
When not in a pandemic, we work across Cambridgeshire linking parent/carers to the right professionals. We visit Ely, Histon, Chatteris, Wisbech, Whittlesey, East Cambs, Littleport, Bottisham and Huntingdon. And we also pop up at other events across the county.
How can you find out further information?
- Explore our website
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Register to come along to one of our workshops, Tii Hubs or group sessions here
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to hear all the latest news
- Contact us at: email@example.com
Pinpoint is run by parents for parents. We understand because we are like you!