skip to content

skip to main menu

skip to section menu

accessibility help and information

01480 499043


What to do when things go wrong

Complain about services:

Social care

Complaints: the Cambridgeshire County Council's has a leaflet explaining how to feedback concerns


Make contact with PALS, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service. 


  • SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS), formerly the Parent Partnership Service, provides information, advice and support to parents of children with special educational needs who have concerns about how their child is being supported in school.
  • IPSEA - Independent Parental Special Education Advice - also offers free information service and an advice line. It can help withSEN appeals and disability discrimination claims to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal. 
  • The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). Read more on how you can contact the LGO if you feel this might apply to you. 
  • Academy Schools: Dr Tim Coulson is the Regional Schools Commissioner for the East of England and is responsible for making decisions about the academies and free schools in Cambridgeshire. More information about the responsibilities of RSCs 


Cambridge Crisis Network

Are you facing an immediate crisis?  Do you have links to Cambridge City?

Then Cambridge Crisis Network may be able to help with things like stress, bereavement, debts, homlessness, job loss or benefit changes.

See the leaflet at the bottom of the page for more information.

Contact: Vicky or Deborah on 01223 883130

Email address: or


Need legal information?

Find information guides and template letters on our Legal Information webpage


Need emergency care for your child or young person?

Visitit our emergency information page for contact details and what to do