skip to content

skip to main menu

skip to section menu

accessibility help and information

01480 499043


Social Care services

Cambridgeshire County Council logoYou can find out about social care services from the Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC) website.  The Disabled Children’s Social Care Service is responsible for assessing the needs of disabled children and young people. 

Complaints about social care

Cambridgeshire County Council has a feedback and complaints page on their website.

Emergency Care 

Many parents worry about what would happen if they had an emergency which would mean that they were unable to care for their disabled child or young person. More information on emergency care for children and over 18s

Free information, advice, guidance and support for all carers in Cambridgeshire

Cambridgeshire County Council offers free support to family and unpaid carers in the county, some through main partner Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, through a county-wide Carers Support Contract.  Support on offer includes: 

 Specific and tailored information giving, signposting, and advice

  • Carers Magazine - sent out every three months
  • Carers Directory (via Carers Trust)
  • Advocacy for Carers (in relation to The Care Act (2014) should a Carer require assistance with accessing a Carers Assessment or support throughout that process.
  • The 'What If' plan - registration of an emergency plan to support Carers should they be called away in an Emergency Situation.  (Free care is available for up to 24 hours in the event that named friends and family are not available to cover) More details on our emergency care page
  • A statutory 'Carers Assessment' that considers Carer's own needs, health and wellbeing and the impact on them of their caring role.  Some services and support are freely available and Carers will be referred to this universal provision if this is what is required. However, if a Carer has been identified as having more complex needs and meets the national Carers eligibility criteria, a personal budget to support them to continue in their caring role can be made available.
  • The personal budget, when agreed against specific support that directly addresses identified need, can be taken in the form of arranged services or as a direct payment into their bank account. That support must directly benefit the Carer and cannot be used to deliver direct services for the Cared for person  e.g. personal care, respite etc.  Services of this type must be agreed via the 'Cared For' support plan.

 Contact Carers Trust Cambridgeshire direct on:  0345 241 0954  or visit its website