skip to content

skip to main menu

skip to section menu

accessibility help and information

01480 499043


Learning and School

School children

Primary school admissions process

Cambridgeshire County Council’s Admissions Team has a First Steps guide -   Download it at the bottom of the page.

Other school places and admissions in Cambridgeshire

Find out about catchment areas, moving between schools, secondary places and admissions appeals at the county council's

Apply for a school place  

Complaints about schools

The first point of contact for any parent wanting to make a complaint about a school is through the school itself. Each school should have a published complaints process.  Check the school's website as a first port of call. 

Legal advice

You can get legal advice on educational issues from Coram Children's Legal Centre.  Coram is one of the UK's leading providers of education law advice and helps children and young people, parents and carers as well as profesionals. The service is available only for people who are eligible for Legal Aid - if you are unsure, Coram can carry out a means assessment with your over the phone.  The team usually advises on types of school, admissions, exclusions and SEND.

Coram's website has leaflets you can download for free. Visit the factsheet webpage. 

View more legal information sources and resources on our Legal Page

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

If your child has a Special Educational Need or a Disability, visit our SEND information page.