skip to content

skip to main menu

skip to section menu

accessibility help and information

01480 499043


SEN Support in Cambridgeshire

SEN Support gives extra help for children and young people with special educational needs in mainstream schools, from early years to further education.  

Most pupils with special educational needs and disabilities are helped at school through SEN Support, which replaced the old School Action or School Action Plus support in schools following SEND reforms in September 2014 under the Children and Families Act.

Download a SEN Support leaflet from the Cambridgeshire County Council website

Under SEN Support, school will assess your child’s needs, with you, your child and their teachers.  You should be involved in setting up a plan for your child and look at their needs/wanted outcomes. The plan will include what school needs to do to make this happen.

School needs to meet with you regularly to review the plan (and change it if necessary) and see how your child is progressing.  You should get a report at least once a year.

More about SEN Support

Read more about SEN Support in Cambridgeshire schools - on the county council's website 

Extra help at school on the Contact A Family website

Read Mencap SEN Support resources


Your school's SEND Offer

Every school in the UK has to publish an SEN Information Report on how it helps pupils with special educational needs. And who the key SEND contacts are.

Have you read the one for your child's school? Look for this on your school's website.